MLP Strategies Summit
MLP Strategies Summit
Identifying MLP opportunities as a result of the Trump Adminstration’s Energy Policies
October 2017 | Dallas, TX
This conference was accepted by the CFP Board for 8 CE credits.
IMCA accepted this conference for 8 hours of CE credit towards the CIMA®, CIMC®, and CPWA® certifications.
Energy markets appear to be on more stable footing as OPEC seeks to curb production to raise prices, while the Trump Administration’s Energy Policy targets infrastructure development and expanded drilling. Shale basins are likely to recover at differing paces, with Permian offering the greatest opportunities and Bakken more challenged. MLP investors will need to focus on the specific assets owned by the partnerships and determine how underperforming assets will be managed.
During these times, it’s critical for companies to be accessible to investment professionals in order to provide guidance and reassurance moving forward. Although 2015 – 2016 was a tough period in the energy sector, being opportunistic at times of market dislocations like these often deliver the highest returns to investors.
With a new paradigm seemingly in place, the year ahead will be an excellent opportunity for investment professionals looking to access the MLP space to better assess the overall energy landscape by doing their due diligence and feel more confident making their 2017 – 2018 investment allotments.
Key takeaways from our event can be found by clicking here.
Speaker presentations are also available. Click on the side bar for more details.
Enter your name and email below and stay up-to-date on further developments.
- Can the Trump Administration help or hinder midstream development
- Should investors trust Master Limited Partnerships
- MLP lifecycles: Are large cap sponsored units here to stay
- Estate Planning: the benefits of MLPs
- Which were/are the best performing MLP packaged products
- Investing in MLPs: The ETF perspective
- Investing in MLPs: The open & closed-end perspective
- Allocation/portfolio construction with MLPs
- Developed by investment and fund managers for advisors and institutional investors, with buyside-only attendance
- 100% investment & fund manager (PM, C-level exec, Portfolio Strategist or Analyst) speaking faculty
- Strategy focused, not industry-focused
- Drill down into the approach of the strategy with the fund manager
Co-Founder & Managing Director
Vinson & Elkins
RICHARD S. DASKIN, CFA, CFP(R)
MLP strategy sub advisor to Cumberland Advisors
CIO, RSD Advisors
National MLP Tax Partner
Global Partners LP
The 7% Solution
2012 Best Personal Finance Book, IFA Gold medal
Co-Founder & President
Infrastructure Capital Advisors
Sr. Vice President, Dir. Research
ALPS Portfolio Solutions
Chief Risk Officer
Director, MLPs & Midstream
Master Limited Partnership Association (MLPA) (formerly known as the NAPTP)
President – Salient MLP Complex
EVP & CFO
Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC
Tortoise Capital Investors